Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
GreyGnome  
#1 Posted : Monday, August 3, 2015 7:21:48 PM(UTC)
GreyGnome

Groups: Registered

Hi,
I am looking for a Mullion Rail for my french door refrigerator. It is about 37" long, not include the little 1/2" thingy at the top which slides into the guide in the fridge.

How can I go about replacing it? Years ago I looked into replacing it, but found that the part was not listed separately... Amana (front branding label)... err, no Maytag (on the inside sticker)... err, no Whirlpool (bought out Maytag)... wanted me to buy a whole door for 400 bucks! :mad: What a crime, this door has a terrible design in the first place. The part that slides into the guide on the fridge is *plastic*, and I could guarantee it would wear out! For a part that wears they wanted 400 bucks? What a scam.

Then lo and behold I was in Ikea the other day and I opened a fridge. What did I find? My god, it's my fridge! Down to the stupid miserable mullion design! Who would have thought? Well it's impossible to find Ikea parts, much less part numbers, on the Internet and it's impossible to search for Whirlpool mullion rails and get a length on them. The ones that I've seen are a good 40" long but I need 37". But in the pictures, everything about them is *so close*!

I know the part is out there, I just know it. These things are as ubiquitous as Toyota Corollas. The question is, how do I get one that's the proper length? Thanks for any help.

BTW, the model of my fridge is AFB2534FES. Ostensibly, an Amana.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.