Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
BlackCat  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, July 29, 2015 4:36:35 PM(UTC)
BlackCat

Groups: Registered

The ice maker on my Superba stopped working but with a twist: First, I don't have the model handy but it is a side by side with water and ice thru the door and the optical sensor, not an arm. It stopped making ice so I checked the normal, frozen tube, low water pressure, made sure nothing was blocking the eyes and unplugged it for 10 min. to reset it. After unplugging it, it made one batch. It refilled but never dumped the cubes into the bin after freezing. Here's where it gets tricky... When checking the LED it would flash twice even if I held the switch in to unblock the beam. I shut the door and ran the chilled water switch in the door, as soon as I operated the water dispenser I heard it cycle the ice maker and dump the cubes, and refill. Later same thing, ice was made but not dumped so I opened the door and pressed the icemaker switch, two blinks... I pressed the door switch as well as the icemaker switch and had my wife push the chilled water dispenser, low and behold it cycled and when I released the light switch the LED stays lit... I repeated this many times, in order to stop the 2 blinks and dump one batch of ice I need to hit the chilled water dispenser. This has me stumped, if optics were bad why does it work when I cycle the water dispenser? The module is working when the LED stays lit after hitting the water dispenser so I think that is good also. Could it be in the wiring or voltage? I don't want to throw parts at it but this intermittent problem has me stumped. One other thought was the thermostat possibly acting up and the voltage spike from running the water dispenser gives it a "jolt" just enough to complete the one cycle:confused:
If anyone has fixed a similar issue I'd love to hear what fixed it... I can release one batch at a time by hitting the water button when I use ice but I'd rather fix it properly.

ETA: I'll post the model number as soon as I can if necessary but I believe these all use similar ice maker units.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.