Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
weezl  
#1 Posted : Friday, July 24, 2015 11:37:50 PM(UTC)
weezl

Groups: Registered

Hi,

I read through the cold freezer/warm frig wiki and got some good ideas but am still stumped, and could not find my model # in your DB.

I have a side by side Kitchen Aid model KSSC42FT02 (2008). About 6 mos ago, I replaced the control board due to a blown capacitor (thanks to youtube and people like you). That did the trick for the constantly running unit and beeping control board. But now when I have a freezer set to 0 and refrig set to 37 and get a freezer @ -10 and a warm frig (sometimes it can get back to 37 but lately it's just in the 50s-60s).

The control board and a big fan sit on TOP of the unit so I do not believe there are coils in the rear (correct me there). I did look at the baffle (part PS731870?) and after I shut the unit off, I forced open the baffle and restarted the unit with freezer and frig doors open. The baffle immediately closed and shut down the unit (almost like it short-circuited). But then I tried again and quickly closed both doors and it stayed on. After a minute when I opened the frig door I saw the baffle open about 1/2 way. It did seem that there was cold air coming from it.

So the Q is: do I need a new PS731870? Could there be a thermostat and/or drefroster issue? I don't know where on this unit to look for the frost.

Thanks!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.