Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Harry F  
#1 Posted : Monday, July 20, 2015 1:18:00 PM(UTC)
Harry F

Groups: Registered

SY CF displayed after trying to dispense ice. The fresh food ice maker was overly full and the motor ground to a halt just before displaying code. After thawing out (no cooling, or freezing since), removed the fresh food ice tray to find sensor and Styrofoam holder in the tray. Replaced the ice maker unit with replacement part ER243297606 but still have the SY CF code after pugging everything back in. Thinking that the main power board may have fried due to a surge when the ice maker motor quit. Any guidance on how to proceed or what else needs to be replaced would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Simon / APP Team  
#2 Posted : Monday, July 20, 2015 3:13:03 PM(UTC)
Simon / APP Team

Groups: APP Team

Hi, Harry.

The error code SY CF means that there is a communication error between the display and the main refrigerator controls. Try to unplug the unit for a few minutes. if that doesn't help check the wire harness between the controls and the connections. The next step is to replace both!!! Yes, both: the display board and the main control!!! Yes. That what will fix the problem. May be your case could be different but go ahead and get both control boards and if you are not going to need one of them, just return it back. Start with replacing just the main control board.

Here are the breakdown diagrams and parts list for your refrigerator:

Model LGUB2642LE3

The display control board Part number: AP5324736
Part number: AP5324736

Use a plastic putty knife to pry off the dispenser frame.

The main control board Part number: 242115279
Part number: 242115279

The main board is located under the front of the refrigerator. You may need to tilt the refrigerator back to have an easy access to it. Be careful doing that!

Good luck. Please keep us posted with the results.

Thank you,

Simon.
Harry F  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, July 21, 2015 6:22:58 AM(UTC)
Harry F

I'll try what you suggested. I appreciate the help. Thanks.
Harry F  
#4 Posted : Friday, July 31, 2015 1:46:11 PM(UTC)
Harry F

Replaced main power board first and this fixed the error code. Works again but the display function is different. Tried the new UI board, but it is exactly the same so removed and reinstalled the old one. It works as it should, but the display no longer has a temp read out for the freezer and fridge unless you press up or down setting on either. It then displays briefly and then dark. I thought it might be a problem with the old UI board, but the new one behaved the same way. This is fine with me as it works properly otherwise, but I liked the original of always displaying the current temp better. Is there a way to get this function back?
#5 Posted : Saturday, June 26, 2021 5:54:13 PM(UTC)

United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Hi, I have replaced both the control board n the interface board but I still get the same code SY CF . What should I do next?
#6 Posted : Friday, August 20, 2021 7:02:20 AM(UTC)

United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
This Brand have a lot of problema with the electrónic components, in falt when start these similar alarm. Its not a good to invest again in this appliances
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply