Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
dadof2nutz  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, June 30, 2015 5:23:14 AM(UTC)
dadof2nutz

Groups: Registered

Problems started when the ice maker stopped making ice. After that, the temp in the fridge and freezer started to rise. After unplugging the fridge for a couple days & switching the ice maker off, everything seemed to be working fine. After about 3 weeks, the temps started to rise once again. I ran the self diagnostics (code 07) through the display inside the fridge and it gave me a failure on thermistor 2 (fresh food compartment) and 5 (freezer). I replaced both thermistors and reset the fridge through the self diagnostics (code 15). After several hours, the fridge & freezer cooled somewhat but never got down to the set temp. I ran the self diagnostics again and it failed the same 2 thermistors I had just changed. I thought that this meant the motherboard was bad & not reading the thermistors correctly. Well, I just put a new board in the other day & I still have fluctuating temperatures and it still fails the same 2 thermistors. Condenser fan running & condenser coil clean. Compressor runs for a while then turns off even though the set temps have not been reached. Evaporator fan running. :confused: :confused: :confused:
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.