Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jdexter  
#1 Posted : Friday, June 19, 2015 2:37:09 AM(UTC)
jdexter

Groups: Registered

I came home last night and found water running out of the front of my fridge, about in the middle. The compressor is up top, so I flipped up the panel to inspect. I found that the copper line that runs in the back from the condenser to the evaporator that is covered with black insulation was covered in a nice layer of frost/ice and melting, causing water to drip forward and out of my fridge. Also the drip pan on the right below the ?evaporator? was dry.

I did some searching and saw it is very common for the coils to freeze the drain line, but noone mentions the frozen line that I have. I tried to back flush the drain line with hot water, and cleaned everything up. I also tore all the ice off the insulation, and made a hole in the bottom of it to drain the water out and let it dry.

Why is my line icing up? Do I simply need to replace the insulation with all new? Today the evaporator pan has water in it... so maybe I cleared something out of it. Help please!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.