Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Cfga1  
#1 Posted : Friday, June 5, 2015 11:57:47 AM(UTC)
Cfga1

Groups: Registered

From reading other posts, I guess I am lucky that my GE frig lasted 12 years, but I think I may need a new main board. Here is the situation:

Woke up to a warm freezer and fridge. Fridge fan blowing when door closed and evaperator fan comes on in freezer if door open for more than three minutes. Temp controls accept commands. Compressor not running. Installed new start relay and compressor started immediately. Frig and freezer cooled down to 0 and 37 deg respectively. Next morning back to 50 degrees in both compartments. Pressed both freezer and frig temp buttons to check set points (still set to 0 and 37) and compressor started. Both compartments cooled down to desired temps and held all day and evening. Next morning, back to 50 degrees. Now, no amount of power removal or temp setting changes will start the compressor.

Troubleshooting so far:

Checked compressor resistance for opens or shorts - good
Checked thermistor resistances at room temp - good approx 5k ohms
Checked defrost heater and terminating thermostat resistance - good 22 ohms
Voltage between J11 and J8 on board - good 120 vac
Voltage between orange wire on comp relay and black wire on overload -0 bad?

Does this seem like a main board failure? Are there any other checks I should make? Run capacitor maybe? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.