Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
VanOfBees  
#1 Posted : Friday, May 29, 2015 9:08:34 AM(UTC)
VanOfBees

Groups: Registered

The Icemaker on my Frigidaire LFHT1817LB8 top freezer has stopped dispensing water to make ice. It started by just not dispensing the ice, I gently forced a harvest and ice came out and the water did refill but only once (I left it over 12 hours and no ice appeared).

After this ice had frozen I forced another harvest and removed the ice maker and then then used a hairdrier to try and thaw out the water feed pipe thinking this might be clogged. A short time after this it refilled again but only once (waited another 12 hours).

I then completely removed the icemaker and removed the feed pipe, nothing appeared to be blocked. I also removed the water inlet valve as I read on another post to try and flush this but that didn't seem to do anything. This time no water was dispensed.

So now my problem is that the icemaker is cold but no water is being dispensed. Based on this post I think the water inlet valve is the culprit but my symptoms are not identical (in that a couple of times the water did dispense). http://forum.appliancepartspros...r-no-water-make-ice.html

I'd love some confirmation.

Thanks
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Simon / APP Team  
#2 Posted : Friday, May 29, 2015 1:06:58 PM(UTC)
Simon / APP Team

Groups: APP Team

Hi, VanOfBees.

Start with confirming that water is getting to the inlet valve, next remove the electrical plug from the valve solenoid coil and using a multimeter check the coil for continuity between its two terminals. No continuity-replace the inlet valve, shows resistance-replace the ice maker. To give a correct ice maker I need you to remove the cover from the ice maker head and post the part number written there.

Thank you.

Best,

Simon.
VanOfBees  
#3 Posted : Thursday, June 4, 2015 5:07:12 PM(UTC)
VanOfBees

Thanks for your help.

No continuity, what's the part number for the inlet valve?

I believe it is this one http://www.appliancepartspros.c...242252603-ap5671756.html
Simon / APP Team  
#4 Posted : Monday, June 8, 2015 8:47:10 AM(UTC)
Simon / APP Team

Hi.

Here is your replacement valve Part number: AP5671756
Part number: AP5671756

Good luck, please post the results.

Thank you.

Best, Simon.
VanOfBees  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, June 9, 2015 8:28:32 AM(UTC)
VanOfBees

So I replaced the valve and the ice maker still isn't filling. I also manually cycled the ice maker and it still didn't fill. I fitted it last night and still no ice today.

Thoughts?
Simon / APP Team  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, June 9, 2015 9:14:15 AM(UTC)
Simon / APP Team

Sounds like way too many problems for one refrigerator. Sorry for sealy question, but is there a good incoming water pressure at the inlet valve?
If you have a burnt solenoid coil at the inlet valve and replacement didn't fix the problem, check the freezer temperature (should be 0-5 Degrees F*), check if there is 120 Volts AC at the ice maker disconnect plug (most likely between black and white wires). If the temperature is within the range and 120 V present, the ice maker is bad.

Thank you.

Simon.
VanOfBees  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, June 9, 2015 9:57:03 AM(UTC)
VanOfBees

Ok, I realized I was being stupid and haven't turned on the water valve after fitting the new solenoid - doh

I'll turn it on and test it tonight.

If that doesn't work, were you suggesting that the icemaker was receiving 120v by disconnecting the icemaker and checking the power there?
Simon / APP Team  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, June 10, 2015 2:59:03 PM(UTC)
Simon / APP Team

Hi.

I'm glad we where able to solve this one. Thank you for putting your trust in Appliance Parts

Pros.com.

Yes, I was suggesting to disconnect the i/m plug and check if there is 120V supply voltage.

Thank you.

Simon.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply