Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
catsknit  
#1 Posted : Sunday, May 17, 2015 10:29:54 AM(UTC)
catsknit

Groups: Registered

I have my 1.5 yo freezer pretty full. All the meat is on the lower 2 shelves and they are full. Everything there is frozen solid. The top 2 shelves have packaged frozen items like lasagne, pizzas, biscuits etc. I have added jugs of water as needed to fill the shelves. These items are not staying frozen at all. If the kids put the ice cream on one of those shelves it's very soft. yet when I put a thermometer in the freezer it is reading 0 to -10 F, never above that! I have a package of liver sitting in the top of the door bin and it is always soft, yet the temp there also reads around 0. (don't worry, liver is there for test purposes, not planning on eating it)

It is supposed to be a frost-free freezer, yet there is about an inch of buildup on the back wall of the lower 2 shelves where the meat is. I have been keeping the freezer set on the coldest setting for awhile now trying to get the top frozen. I only just noticed the frost build up yesterday so I have not had a chance to remove that.

I have no idea where to start on this. Thanks for any direction.:confused:
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.