Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
PFD542  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, May 12, 2015 6:36:51 PM(UTC)
PFD542

Groups: Registered

Hello,

The symptoms were that the freezer, set on the warmest setting, was too cold. The refrigerator was not cold enough. The evaporator coils were completely encased in ice. There was no continuity in the evaporator heater, so I have ordered a new one.

My question is: How do I remove the old heater and install the new one?

On the right side of the evaporator the ends of the coils are angled creating a space for the vertical portion of the heater to lie between them. On the left side the bottom coil is flat, in effect blocking the vertical channel on the left. The factory installed heater runs through the opening of this flat coil to rise vertically. I could cut the old heater to remove it, but then the question is still how do I get the new one into this spot.

It's like one of those cast iron puzzles. Is there a solution to this puzzle?

Thank you for your help.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.