Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
kathymc  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, May 5, 2015 6:28:46 PM(UTC)
kathymc

Groups: Registered

HELP! I have a 2003 side by side, not cooling, ordered and replaced start and overload (it was cheap and not too hard). The compressor came on, i did a happy dance, line coming off the compressor was cool to touch, then it all stopped again. Fridge and freezer are still warm, compressor is hot to touch, both lines coming off of it are warm again. is there anything else i can do besides replace the refrigerator? I am guessing the compressor is bad? When I unplug it and let it cool, it starts for a second, then nothing...any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks in advance!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

denman  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, May 6, 2015 2:11:04 AM(UTC)
denman

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
I am assuming that the compressor shuts off after a couple seconds but the condenser/compressor fan keeps running.
Also that this unit does not have a capacitor as part of the compressor circuit.

If the above are true then unfortunately it does sound like the compressor is toast.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
Sphere478  
#3 Posted : Thursday, May 7, 2015 7:33:33 PM(UTC)
Sphere478

Groups: Registered

Possible high side restriction? But either way. Bad news. If it has a new relay and overload, and you are sure power isn't being interupted (short cycling) and you have the relay hooked up with power to the run side (some you can actually mess up) and it stops after briefly starting, then yeah. i agree, sounds like a bad compressor. I have seen a hard start help one along for a while but if it is stoping after already starting then briefly running then it's hopeless. Time for a new compressor.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply