Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
cupper24  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, April 22, 2015 8:36:23 PM(UTC)
cupper24

Groups: Registered

Hello,

The gliding basket in my brand new Frigidaire refrigerator would not quit falling off the shelf. I went back to Lowes (where I bought it) and looked at their floor model. Basket worked just fine. Took pictures of their shelving, and when compared to mine, looked as if the right side shelf or support for the basket was loose. So, naturally I go to tighten it. Wasn't many turns on the socket before I heard a clunk and realized the screw was now just spinning.

I took off the shelf track and saw, in fact, that I stripped the grommet. No problem, right? I'll just replace the grommet with one not being used... It was literally like pulling teeth to get the bad grommet to break loose from the hole. Upon further inspection, it looks like there is some sort of glue or silicone residue.

I have found where I can purchase a new grommet, but I cannot find a tutorial nor instructions for replacing one. It's not in the manual, so have I done myself in? The only thing remotely close I could find was here:

How do I install this shelf mounting grommet in my Frigidaire freezer - AppliancePartsPros.com

Any words of advice? On these new models, are they easy to replace? Do I need to just buy a new one and put some glue/sealer/silicone around it when inserting? Seems this should be simple, but I would not like to do further harm.

Lowe's offered to replace the entire fridge, since I'm within 30 days since purchase. May take them up on it if this repair is not possible/is a major pain.

Thoughts?

Thank you!

cupper24
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.