Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Steelwheels1  
#1 Posted : Monday, April 6, 2015 3:51:42 AM(UTC)
Steelwheels1

Groups: Registered

Hi,
My ice maker stopped working the other day. I found this forum and began reading and checking. The ice maker was not filled with water. I checked test points L and N and found 112 volts there. I jumped out points H and T and the motor started turning. The thermal fuse on the black wire in the harness showed continuity. I manually filled the ice maker with water and let it freeze. Four hours later, there was ice, but the cubes were jammed half way out of the ice maker. Guess I added too much water.
I cleared the jam and refilled it with water. Now, nothing happened. Water froze but it did not dump the cubes. I checked test points L and N and got 0 volts. Jumping between points H and T did not cause the motor to turn. It seemed that the ice maker itself was good and it might have been the water solenoid. but now nothing is working. What advice can you give? Thank you in advance for your help.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.