Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Jules28412  
#1 Posted : Saturday, March 28, 2015 6:52:47 AM(UTC)
Jules28412

Groups: Registered

Hi -

First, let me say THANK YOU to all of you pros, handyfolks, and generous people willing to share their knowledge with those of us trying to learn! I have benefited several times by being walked through appliance repairs in the past couple of years. Solid info, savings, and just general peace of mind.

So, now I have a fairly new Whirlpool refrigerator, WSF26C2EXF01. Almost hate it as much as my GE dishwasher which is now being replaced by them after 5 failed repair attempts at the age of 8 months!

Anyway, my refrigerator started leaking water along the inside wall below the water filter. I should note that about a day prior to noticing the leak, we heard a 'pop' and opened the door to find the filter door open and the filter itself ejected about halfway.

Bought new filter as that seemed obvious. Did not change leak status. Checked forums and determined it was probably the housing itself (part AP4514852). Which I have ordered and have in hand.

My question involves removing the existing housing to replace this. I know to disconnect electric and water, but the filter housing has another plastic frame over it that basically is the right hand side of a U that covers other items in the upper section of the fridge. I don't see any obvious clips or screws, and I don't want to break the plastic parts. Cannot find a schematic that will show me how to disassemble/remove that plastic cover so that I can get to the actual filter housing.

As always, would love to heat tips from anyone with experience. Thanks in advance!

Jules
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.