Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Jinxpalm  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, March 4, 2015 1:26:52 PM(UTC)
Jinxpalm

Groups: Registered

Hello. My water dispenser is not working on my GE side by side refrigerator.

Model GSH22JSXLSS.

I have changed the filter and used the bypass cap and still not getting any water. Water is getting to the fridge. It is making ice and the filter does fill up with water. Just the water is not making it to the rest of the fridge.

The lines behind the bins inside are not frozen, nor is the line in the refrigerator door frozen. If I take the black part of the bottom and test the tube down there water is not making it that far.

Anyone have an idea of where the problem may lie? Also if it helps when I press for water I believe it used to make some sort of humming sound. Now there is now noise except for the click of the lever itself.

Thanks!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

ajstern  
#2 Posted : Thursday, March 5, 2015 3:39:45 PM(UTC)
ajstern

Groups: Registered

I have the same problem as this post...but in Model PGSS5RKZC SS. My frig is only 3 years old. The water line does not work, but the ice maker works. I have checked the line inside the frig behind the draws and it is warm and not frozen. I also checked the line in the bottom of the frig door and it also does not appear frozen. I even ran a hairdryer inside the door icemaker unit and then back up the water spout...no luck. Where else should I check to see if it is frozen.

It is not the filter because water is getting to the ice maker.

The electrical systems seems to be working as the water light works and the wiring does not seem corroded either.

Help!
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply