Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Steveor  
#1 Posted : Saturday, February 28, 2015 8:49:38 AM(UTC)
Steveor

Groups: Registered

SOLVED. Details provided for posterity.

I have a 15+ year old GE Monogram built in refrigerator, model ZISW42DCA, with a faulty condenser motor that I'm having great difficulty in removing. I was able to figure out how to remove the grill (something that I hadn't been able to figure out in the years that I've dealt with this monster - a whole other story) and attempted to roll out the assembly containing the compressor and condenser as stated in the service manual. It is on a wheeled tray that you slide forward, theoretically.

One problem is that the drain tube is fixed under the compressor and out of reach. So I can't disconnect it to allow the assembly to slide forward. Removed a sheet metal plate and was able to unscrew the clamp near the compressor. Burned my hand a bit in the process though.

The other problem is that the coiled freon tubing would have to be unwound. How do I uncoil it without kinking it? Rolled the unit out very slowly and carefully.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.