Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
BrokenIce  
#1 Posted : Monday, January 26, 2015 8:16:35 PM(UTC)
BrokenIce

Groups: Registered

Hi,

My side by side refrigerator just past the 1 year mark less than a month ago. It was working fine until about 1 and a half weeks ago. If you manually turn the gear to the point where it starts to turn it'll go through a harvesting cycle (teeth turns, mold heats up, teeth "pushes" ice out). Then you manually turn it again and the fill starts. After waiting an hour and a half I went to check on it and it has gone through the heat cycle and pushed the ice out. Except instead of continuing it's teeth and dumping the ice into the bucket and then refilling, the ice is sitting on top of the teeth. It does not restart it's cycle until you manually remove the ice and push the gear to start moving again. I don't understand what's going on. I thought maybe the ice thermostat was broken and it wasn't detecting that the ice was frozen because a few times last night we'd check on it and the ice would just be sitting in the mold for hours and not push out. But just now it's actually pushed it out but just sat there. Any ideas what's going on? I've removed the entire ice maker to check for frozen ice in places that shouldn't have ice and nothing looks stuck or broken. Water pressure is good (fills 8 oz in 7 seconds), filter is good, water valve flows fine, gear moves on it's on after pushing it a bit, nothing looks broken. I've taken a pic of the ice sitting on top.

I do have an extended warranty through my credit card but before calling them I wanted to check if I'm just missing something. :confused:
BrokenIce attached the following image(s):
CAM03834.jpg
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.