Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
slikas845  
#1 Posted : Friday, January 16, 2015 7:25:33 AM(UTC)
slikas845

Groups: Registered

Hello Forum

We recently had a power outage and when the power came back on, our Whirlpool GD5NVAXSA01 side by side refrigerator ice and water dispensing system does not work. Specifically, the pushbuttons for crush/cube ice, nightlight, etc. do not work and their LED's do not illuminate, the through door water and ice dispensers do not work, nor does the LED for the amount dispensed, and the ice maker is not making new ice.

I could not find anything on this forum, but on another forum it pointed me in the direction of the 2303843 control board. I replaced this board and it did not resolve any of the issues. I also replaced the 2304170 circuit board- again did not resolve any of the issues.

I checked all the wiring connections, including one behind kickplate that comes out bottom of freezer door and all connections are tight. Ice maker switch is set to on. I checked the electric eye in freezer for ice maker. With door open, red light flashes twice, stops for a second and repeats. When I close the ice maker "flap" with door open, light turns solid. When I depress door switch, light goes out as I understand it is supposed to do when functioning properly. I am assuming freezer door switch is working since light turns off when I depress switch and are on when door is open.

Measure 126 VAC at what I believe is the power infeed connector to the 2303843 control board. One strange item is that I measure a pulsating voltage at connector to the 2304170 control board connector (~1-5 VAC).

I would appreciate any help, thoughts and other troubleshooting ideas as I am at a loss of what else could possibly be an issue.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.