Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
WWats004  
#1 Posted : Friday, January 9, 2015 7:44:09 AM(UTC)
WWats004

Groups: Registered

Hi, I am extremely frustrated and have been without my fridge for a week now. I called out a repairman immediately who visually showed me two bad parts - defrost heater and main circuit board - which were bad. Heater bulb was clearly burnt and main circuit board had burned traces on it. He replaced both parts.

Freezer is back up and holding 0F temperature just fine but the fridge does not get cold, at all. I have not called the repairman back because I was quite unhappy with their fees and their attitude/personality. I have been trying to diagnose and repair it myself since.

Here's a break down of what has been checked, repaired or cleaned:

1) Condenser coils - cleaned
2) Condenser fan - operates fine
3) Compressor runs and within normal temperatures
4) Evaporator coils evenly frost during cycle
5) Evaporator fan operates
6) Drain plug is free and clear with no ice plug
7) All three thermistors have been replaced
8) Freezer to Fridge damper operates but still appears to not stay open long enough during the evaporator fan cycle. Yes, I observed it with the door open but the door switch was manually closed to view proper operation. Is this strictly controlled by the main circuit board via the thermistor temp?
9) When repairman replaced main circuit board could he have misplaced a wire controlling the fridge damper? If so, how can I verify/check that?

I have diligently tried to read as many potentially related threads as possible. I could sure use some help because I am frustrated and out of ideas.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.