Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
odegrees  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, December 9, 2014 4:24:40 PM(UTC)
odegrees

Groups: Registered

Have been dealing with ice building up in condensation pan. While defrosting it again and cleaning, noticed a black/yellow(one wire) and blue wire in a "quick connect" or "snap in plug" that was not connected. I don't know the correct word used for the connection, it's the kind that just plugs in to a female connection. Could not find the female connect that if may go to. It is located very near the compressor and difficult to see around it. Just wondering if anyone knows if that is just there to be used for other models. Hope this makes some sense. Thanks
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

denman  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, December 10, 2014 1:51:56 AM(UTC)
denman

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Here are your parts
Parts for Frigidaire LFUS2613LP0 Refrigerator - AppliancePartsPros.com

Here is the tech sheet.
It has a wiring layout diagram which may help you find what is going on with the connector.
http://manuals.frigidaire.com/p...f/Anderson/240389639.pdf

I do see a connector in the upper left corner of the wiring layout with the wire colors you give.
Looks like it is for some lights.
They are shown as dashed lines which usually means they are only on select models.
So it should not be involved in your problem.

I am assuming by "condensation pan" you mean the drip pan that is under the evaporator coils in the freezer.
Is this correct?

First I would check the freezer temperature, could be it is too cold.
It should be between 0 and 5 degrees F.

Often a buffed up coating of wax on the pan surface will help the defrost water drain quicker.

Next would be the drain tube
I would check that it is clear.
If plugged a turkey baster with warm water, an air compressor with low pressure or a wire can often be used to clear it.

Also check that it is not plugged with dust etc. at the drain pan end.
You might as well clean the condenser/compressor fan and the condenser coils while you are down there.

If it looks like stuff is growing in the tube I would flush it with a 10% bleach solution. This should kill the stuff and let you flush it out. You may have to do this several times, let it sit for 15 minutes or so between flushes.

Be careful that the drip tray does not overflow and empty the drip tray after you are done.

Be sure to unplug the unit while doing this.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
odegrees  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, December 10, 2014 4:58:48 PM(UTC)
odegrees

Groups: Registered

Yes, it is the pan under the coils. Also, looking at it, it seems to be off center with the drain tube. I tried to shift the pan and it did not want to move and I didn't want to force it. Poured hot water in the pan and watched it drain out, but I will still try your recommendations. Thanks so much for your help.
denman  
#4 Posted : Thursday, December 11, 2014 12:30:01 AM(UTC)
denman

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
There is a jiggery pokery that works for units that still freeze over even with the drain being OK.

Take a length of bare copper wire 14 or 12 gauge will do.
Wrap one end a couple times around the defrost heater.
Wrap it just snug not tight.
The other end of the wire then should go down the drain hole about an inch or two.
Keep the wire as short as possible.

Now when the defrost runs it will also defrost the drain hole.

It is a good idea to force a defrost cycle after the unit has cooled down so you can check that the wire does not get too hot.

They do make a kit that does this.
Click on the picture for more info.
Part number: AP3119957
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply