Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
J. Keith  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, December 2, 2014 12:37:24 PM(UTC)
J. Keith

Groups: Registered

Hi hope someone can give me some feedback on my fridge problem.
We get power from a coop rural system and seems they are always changing things that require a quick power drop....other times might be due to lines/accidents.
On for 3 seconds...off...back on for 5 seconds...then off again...etc...etc...surges and spikes that the fridge does not like.
About 4 years ago we had a power failure and the fridge only operated the evaporator fan. A friend told us to remove power and power up after a few minutes, came back to life. Ran fine for 2 years or more...
About 3 weeks ago we came home to displays all blinking in the home...and just reset clocks etc...Thought nothing more about it...THEN...following day we opened the freezer side and found all the freezer items thawed out...The air exchanger fan had been working ok and pulled all the cold out of the freezer, but compressor was not running.
We caught it just in time to salvage the food compartment side, but freezer was a loss.
Remembering the previous issue, we dumped the breaker for a few minutes and repowered....Problem solved...compressor came back to life and unit has been fine for almost a month.
I am concerned that these power drops maybe weakened the power board or other component in some way.
Anyone have any ideas on which board might be affected by this issue?...It looks to me that the Main Power Dispenser Control board might be the part that is getting scrambled now and then? just a guess.
I have thought about getting a surge protector for my 200 amp load center. That might help reduce or eliminate these issues with the memory or whatever.
If this had happened when we were on vacation we would have come home to a mess.
Appreciate any ideas or suggestions on this control issue that can happen with these power drops. The fridge does not like these power glitches..and has failed with these many drops only a couple times..Pretty random event, but 1 freezer loss is enough. Thanks for any ideas or suggestions.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.