Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
joeysgrandpa  
#1 Posted : Monday, December 1, 2014 7:42:27 PM(UTC)
joeysgrandpa

Groups: Registered

MY PROBLEM:
My freezer has always been set to 0F and fridg is set to 37F. The measured temps always agreed with the set temps. Now the fridg is reading 32F with the setpoint of 37F. I have remedied the problem by setting the freezer setpoint to 5F to get the fridg to 37F. Can you help me figure out what is wrong?
Thanks,
Harold

BACKGROUND:
My freezer has always been set to 0F and frig is set to 37F. The measured temps agreed with the set temps. the only repair has been replacement of the condenser fan motor and the electronic circuit board about 4 years ago. I think the cause was the fan inlet screen was plugged with dust which I cleaned.
Several months ago I could hear a buzzing sound which would stop when I opened the fridge door. When I closed the door, the buzz started again. I pushed the door button in and found that the buzz was coming from behind the top shelf plastic next to the water filter. It must be a fan, but I never got around to looking at it. Now the noise has stopped but I also noticed that the refrigerator is measuring 32F even though the setting is 37F for the fridge. the freezer is at the setpoint of 0 F, I set the freezer to 5F and the fridge is staying at 37F.

ANOTHER LESS CRITICAL PROBLEM:
Another annoying problem is that the icemaker outlet to the chopping blades seems to occasionally get plugged with icecubes frozen together. At that point no icecubes come out while the copping blades rotate. I once found that the flap valve sticks open occasionally, it rusts and sticks open allowing moist air in which probably is what causes the icecubes to stick together. I reworked and lubed the valve linkage and remedied that problem. I noticed lately that the icecubes sometimes stick and hold the flap open otherwise the flap closes everytime (you can hear the flap close).
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.