Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
rgrandmaison5@gmail.com  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, September 30, 2014 3:37:18 AM(UTC)
rgrandmaison5@gmail.com

Groups: Registered

My Refrigerator is not cooling both the Fridge and the Freezer does not get cold. My evap coil fan on top of the unit is working (not very strong however), but does pull air over the coils. I don't hear my compressor trying to come on. When I turn my unit on, only that fan comes on and lights, but that's it.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

denman  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, September 30, 2014 7:06:15 AM(UTC)
denman

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Here are your parts
Parts for KitchenAid KBLC36FMS00 Refrigerator - AppliancePartsPros.com

See the attachments for the tech sheets.

Here is a manual.
Although it is not for your specific unit it will help you understand how this unit works and some sections are probably the same as yours.
You will have to join the site and be logged in to be able to download the manual.
http://appliancejunk.com...&id=210;t=1412088500

The unit is fairly complex to troubleshoot.
If you do end up getting a pro in make sure that they have experience with this type of unit.
You do not want someone using your unit to learn on.
File Attachment(s):
KBLC36-a.pdf (1,222kb) downloaded 10 time(s).
KBLC36-b.pdf (952kb) downloaded 6 time(s).
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
rgrandmaison5@gmail.com  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, October 1, 2014 6:32:22 PM(UTC)
rgrandmaison5@gmail.com

Hi, well at 1st glance it appears my inverter box was bad. It was discolored right where the large capacitors are mounted (Start Capacitors?). So, I just replaced that part. So, when I turned the power back on, everything started running. I was thrilled!! However, I may not be out of the woods yet. I turned off the power and unplugged it when putting the enclosures back on and when plugging it back in, the Compressor tried to turn on, but wouldn't start. I had a green light on my inverter box blinking after that. I also had to push the condenser motor fan to get that started again. It took me a couple of resets and unplugging the fridge to get the compressor started again. Its running good now, and its cooling both the fridge and freezer.. I'm concerned, however, that when the fridge gets to temp it will shut off and not restart..

Two things:
1) Do I need to replace the condenser motor because when it shuts off, I need to push it going with my finger?
2) Do compressor do that? meaning they have a hard time getting started? Will it continue to try to restart after a certain amount of time? What does the blinking green light mean on the inverter box?

Thanks everyone for your help.

Rene G.
richappy  
#4 Posted : Saturday, October 4, 2014 1:52:21 AM(UTC)
richappy

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Will the compressor now run and keep the freezer and fridg temperatures near "normal" 5 degrees and 40 degrees for freezer and fridg sections.
rgrandmaison5@gmail.com  
#5 Posted : Saturday, October 4, 2014 5:39:05 AM(UTC)
rgrandmaison5@gmail.com

Yes, its been running great now for 3 days.. Looks like you just need to get that compressor going and once its at temp or under pressure. its good to go..
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply