Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
SHB  
#1 Posted : Monday, September 22, 2014 3:42:48 AM(UTC)
SHB

Groups: Registered

We had the water on the bottom of the freezer, freezing, and then leaking some out on the floor. When I cleared the drain, among the frozen water was a plug of I Don't Know What that seemed to be the major culprit. It appeared that goop dripped from the bottom of a putty wrapping about two feet up (above the coils) (around some wiring? - it looks like a wee hornets nest). I can't find any diagram defining what that is, why it could come apart and apparently lose part of itself that managed to work its way down to the drain. Also, just above the drain pan side on the right, about two inches above the heating element, the freezer wall seems to have melted away ever so slightly; I barely noticed it. Ideas on any of this? I put some aluminum foil around the "nest" to prevent further degrading, but wonder what is going on with it. Perhaps it just got very wet? We cleared the drain, but believe that could have just been drawing our attention to something bigger...
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.