Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Angela B  
#1 Posted : Saturday, July 26, 2014 7:55:14 PM(UTC)
Angela B

Groups: Registered

LG french door with bottom freezer, in door ice maker, dual evap system
Model: LFX33975ST/01
Mfg date: Jan 2013

Symptoms: started as the freezer not freezing bread and meats starting to thaw. Ice bin had melting ice, fridge was still cold. After 2 days fridge warmed up enough for me to worry. Emptied the food called lg. Told me to unplug it and plug it back in 2 hours before tech came. Unplugged it when he left. New tech told me plug it back in and came 24 hours later. Threw a beer in to test it. Nice and chilled when he arrived. And now it iis now unplugged again. But if i plug it back in the fridge section gets cold like normal in about 2 hours. Freezer not so much.

Purchased as a floor model/open box from small retailer 1 year ago. Warranty is null from LG as they claim it is a refurb. 1 year warranty over from retailer. LG still sent tech to look at unit. Told me sealed system leak, get a new fridge. He barely touched it, just asked me what it was doin. A second tech came in, checked amp draw on compressor. The amp draw was low. He unplugged it and plugged back in right away. Compressor turned back on right away. Need someone to come in to quote on sealed system work, it has a leak he says. Not one of them opened the doors to see how cold the fridge section was or hooked up any guages to check pressure on hi end or low end.

My question is, this massive fridge has 2 evaps. The upper fridge section gets cold. I havent looked at that evap but i opened the bottom compartment and looked at the freezer one and it has condensation, no frost. Is the system leaking or is it plugged? How can the refrigerant have leaked out as they said but the fridge part still be cold?

This is a fridge that lists at $4000. I dont wanna throw it out! Is there anything I can check to confirm it is definitely a leak, where the leak is, or maybe it is something else that these techs didn't think to check? Im willing to fix leaky parts to keep my dream fridge. I am just frustrated seeing as I have had 2 techs in and still don't know what the exact issue is.

Any help or advice you can offer is very much appreciated.

Thank you.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.