Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
KrystalWiddaKay  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, July 23, 2014 8:11:57 AM(UTC)
KrystalWiddaKay

Groups: Registered

I have a Kenmore Coldspot 10657562790 that was given to me. I have a couple of questions. Does this model have a water filter because I can't seem to find it and if not how can I clean the water line?
Water comes out clear it just has some floaters in it. Doesn't seem to be black mold. Just some clear film here and there. The fridge has been sitting unused for a year or two. Thanks for any advice!:)
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

barryware  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, July 23, 2014 12:07:51 PM(UTC)
barryware

Originally Posted by: KrystalWiddaKay Go to Quoted Post
I have a Kenmore Coldspot 10657562790 that was given to me. I have a couple of questions. Does this model have a water filter because I can't seem to find it and if not how can I clean the water line?
Water comes out clear it just has some floaters in it. Doesn't seem to be black mold. Just some clear film here and there. The fridge has been sitting unused for a year or two. Thanks for any advice!:)

It has no water filter.

Behind the lower crisper drawer you will find a coil of plastic tubing. This the the cold water reservoir. There is probably some goop stuck to the walls of the tubing.

You could replace it.. Or... Get a connection kit (plastic tubing). Connect it to the water inlet of the fridge. Raise the other end of the tubing as high as you can (it must be well above the cold water dispensor). Use a small funnel that fits the tubing. Press the water dispensor and keep it pressed. Start filling the funnel with white vinegar. It will take a while because gravity is what is pushing the vinegar (you could also use a squeeze bottle). Release the water dispensor from time to time so the solenoid does not get too hot.

When either vinegar comes out of the water dispensor, or you have put 32 oz. in, you have filled the tubing system.

Now leave it sit over night or longer. Then connect the water supply and run the vinegar out.
Patrickhhhh  
#3 Posted : Friday, June 9, 2017 2:57:07 PM(UTC)
Patrickhhhh

I have been cleaning out a large kitchen aid and replaced the water line in the door. I wanted to make sure the rest was clean as well so I took the fridge outside removed the bottom panels and used the extended airnozzle on my air compressor hose to blast all the dust out. This worked well I then disconnected the water line going up to the reservoir and took the 2 screws out which held it in place. It was quite easy to remove it (reservoir) and sure enough it had some black sludge in it.
I got the turkey baster and filled it several times from the vinegar jug injecting it into the larger hose on the tank. Gave it a good shaking and another vinigar rinse and it looks brand new. All the lines cleaned up nice and once it's hooked up all I have to do is run some water thru it and it will be fine
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply