Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Joe Kane  
#1 Posted : Monday, July 7, 2014 12:37:28 PM(UTC)
Joe Kane

Groups: Registered

I had to replace some parts in the ice container/dispenser on this unit due including the auger and motor after a sustained power failure (and water leakage into the motor. While dismantling the parts from the auger, the parts slid off before I could get a good fix on their direction.

After quite a few attempts, I still can't get the ice to dispense reliably. Motor turns and I can get cubed or crushed ice, but a lot of time there is no ice dispensing, even though motor is turning and auging.

It is a little tough to really tell from the exploded diagram which way the parts go, and in relation to the ice container itself, which are 'inside the bin, and which are underneath.

The blades are labeled A, B, C. And I think the order from top to bottom should be C, B, A, with But are the labels facing up, or down? I have them facing down now.

Can anyone confirm? If anyone has some real photos of the assembly that would be great.

Also in the exploded view, the step spacers (part 8 in the diagram) are both shown facing down. But it looks like they want to be facing opposing each other, in order to properly receive the (larger diameter drilled) stationary ice blades.

05-Motor and Ice Container Parts parts for Whirlpool KSCS25INSS02 - AppliancePartsPros.com

Watching the assembly in action ( is also possible that the auger is sitting a little high, and not fully agitating the ice closest to the chute opening. So I'm trying confirm the part order and direction.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.