Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
longshot  
#1 Posted : Saturday, June 28, 2014 5:13:20 AM(UTC)
longshot

Groups: Registered

Good morning all. Several days ago, my I noticed ice in the middle vents of the evaporator cover. Ran diagnostic, got r1d fresh food fan error, pull out shelves and cover frozen in place. Left doors open and intermittent hair dryer, after a couple of hours fan begins running so I re-run diagnostic and no errors show. Pull cover, defrost evaporator and fan completely then reassembled. Now fan wont run, diagnostic shows double 88 with no errors. Check main board, getting 8.2vdc out to fan, and 2.2vdc return, within listed spec hmmm...ordered new evap cover assembly and main board anyway. New main board defective, only supplies 5.2vdc to cn75 and nothing will power up on refrigerator. Put old board back in, everything works except ff evap fan. Just tested ff defrost thermistor, shows 77koh at around 32-33degrees, ok bad thermistor. Will replacing the thermistor solve my problem? Starting to get old will all my food in coolers. Thanks for any help.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

richappy  
#2 Posted : Sunday, June 29, 2014 7:42:48 AM(UTC)
richappy

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
You must replace the evaporator fan motor and motherboard at the same time. This is standard procedure, a bad fan motor will blow out the driver in the motherboard.
longshot  
#3 Posted : Sunday, June 29, 2014 8:47:59 AM(UTC)
longshot

I tested the old fan with a 9v battery and it works fine. Also tested the sensor on the fan assy 4.7kohm at 79 degrees which is almost perfect. My first replacement board was faulty, another will arrive Tuesday. I now dont believe the fan was bad to begin with.
richappy  
#4 Posted : Sunday, June 29, 2014 3:43:48 PM(UTC)
richappy

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Keep us informed on this topic. Your motor is a 6 pole induction motor, needs a square wave to run with the proper torque.
longshot  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, July 2, 2014 4:16:31 AM(UTC)
longshot

Update. I tested the old board, everything tested good for voltage and/or resistance. Replaced the fan assembly and a bad ff defrost thermistor. Working good now, fingers crossed.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply