Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
loop6719  
#1 Posted : Thursday, June 12, 2014 3:01:20 PM(UTC)
loop6719

Groups: Registered

I will try to be as thorough as possible, but may not know all the correct terms.
I recently moved on Memorial day week and brought my Refrig with me, the water dispenser worked fine there with good solid pressure and I had recently changed the filter in March so it was a fairly new filter.

Now when I moved to the new location I hooked up my water to the fridge, but not before letting it run into a bucket for about 30 seconds to clean out any gook in the line and to start fresh, since it looked like a new plastic hose installation. and immediately my family all remarked on how 'slow' the flow was coming out o the dispenser.

Well flash forward to yesterday and the flow became pretty slow to the point of almost nothing coming out.

First thought, the H20 inlet valve? (Due to me repairing a competitors on more than 1 occasion, but that is another story).
I tested the pressure--good
Tested continuity---good

Next thought H2O line in freezer frozen? that was fine also. I took it out blew air through it and no blockage.

Dispenser Switch? good click and good continuity..I also examined the dispenser control board here and this checked good also.

Filter? here is where it gets tricky.
I take out the filter and I get great flow, just like in the old house like I stated earlier. Put the filter back in and nothing but a dribble.
Okay now I think I have it figured out. Get a new filter(I always by in packs of 3) and replace it. Still nothing but a dribble.

So I GET GREAT FLOW W/O A FILTER:mad: it is only when I install a filter that my flow decreases.
Cannot say if ice maker is working since my water has been disconnected most of the day.
I even took out the filter holder from in the front and sprayed some vinegar and used a long brush to clean inside the inlet valves on the mount thinking maybe a deposit was clogging it, but that was useless also. My next step is to soak overnight in vinegar and see what happens in the morning.

Any help is much appreciated
Thanks Rob
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.