Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
broken02  
#1 Posted : Friday, October 23, 2009 9:10:26 AM(UTC)
broken02

Groups: Registered

Help Please! I think this is a safety issue & subject to a recall. I purchased my Kenmore fridge with the freezer on the bottom 3 years ago. 2 days ago I opened the fridge and smelled plastic burning, the plastic cover for the inside lightbulbs was melting away. I thought maybe someone didn't close this fridge all the way, I took the cover off. Then the next night I went grocery shopping, The next morning I noticed everything that was higher up in the fridge was very warm, while things towards the bottom were cold. The lightbulbs inside the fridge never shut off and was constantly on causing the warmup. I took the extremely hot lightbulbs out & notice the lightbulb socket is brownish and that some of the plastic molding is also melted. Has this happened to anyone else? Any suggestions on what I need to have fixed? One thing I have noticed with this fridge is that when I have it open for a long period of time for cleaning the lights usually shut off by themselves without closing the doors.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.