Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
lilrebel  
#1 Posted : Thursday, October 22, 2009 5:41:32 PM(UTC)
lilrebel

Groups: Registered

Initially, little drips of water were forming an icicle on the backend of the maker and into bucket. Then just the other day, I found ice on top of the harvest "fingers"/arm and down onto the paddle. Then it stopped making ice.

I took these steps:
1) unhooked rear refrigerator vinly tubing from the copper feed coming out of the wall to make sure water was not blocked with ice-- verified water was coming from the copper tubing from wall.
2) removed unit from refrigerator and defrosted it, but there really was not any ice down in the form.
3) reconnected unit, green light lit and then I pushed in arm 3 times to enter diag mode. DIAG results: water entered unit, cubes froze, and arm pushed very small cubes out.

After that, the unit made a FEW cubes - mostly small. I thought I had turned the water pressure down too low, so I increased the water pressure to the copper tubing. The icemaker made 1 set of full sized cubes and stopped making any more.

I then took these steps:
1) powered off unit, powered back on, and entered diag mode: water entered, froze and arm swept tiny cubes out. IT MADE NO MORE AFTER THAT.
2) powered off unit, powered back on, and entered diag mode: water entered, froze, and then it did not eject cubes -- they stayed in unit for over 24 hrs.
3) powered off unit, powered back on, and entered diag mode: water entered on top of cubes still in unit, probably froze and then a short while later I heard it eject cubes. IT HAS NOT FILLED UNIT SINCE THEN.

paddle moves back and forth fine; harvest arm is not jammed; water enters unit when I put it into test or diag mode; WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS THING?!???!!!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.