Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
zonata  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, May 21, 2014 7:36:03 AM(UTC)
zonata

Groups: Registered

I've run all of the diagnostics on my fridge and all seems to work. It suddenly stopped cooling the other day. After reading countless articles, I added a saddle valve and injected refrigerant. It worked! But only for 24 hours. Then it started to decline and warm up again. It seems like a refrigerant leak but could it be something else? Why do all of the forums say leaks aren't worth fixing? My fridge would cost thousands to replace. What should I do next?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

denman  
#2 Posted : Thursday, May 22, 2014 4:08:01 AM(UTC)
denman

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
It does sound like a freon leak.
Another symptom of a freon leak is if you only get frost on the evaporator coils were the freon enters the coils.
Also the compressor runs all the time except when the unit goes thru a defrost cycle.

The reason I recommend replacing a unit with a sealed system problem is the possible cost involved and no way to tell how high that will be.

First the tech has to find the leak and may spend a lot of time and never find it.
Next the leak has to be repaired and that may reqire a part (evaporator etc.) replacement.
Or if they cannot find it replace the compressor on the gamble that it is leaking.
Also the drier in the sealed system should be replaced.

So costs can go though the roof and you still end up with broken unit.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply