Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Mark Somosa  
#1 Posted : Thursday, May 15, 2014 4:35:06 AM(UTC)
Mark Somosa

Groups: Registered

I have a 7-year-old GE side-by-side fridge Model #BSS25JSTA, Serial #HM223268, that was very hot between the doors. From reading posts online, I decided to check if the fan was working, and I found it was not moving. I simply pushed the fan blade with my finger, and it started working again -- I also vacuumed off the coils, which were covered with dust. The problem went away at it worked fine for a couple days. I then noticed that again it was very hot between the doors, so again I checked the fan and saw it was no longer moving. Again I pushed it and it started working fine.

I noticed that there is a squeaking sound coming from the area of the fan. To the best of my knowledge, nothing is loose or vibrating, because I pushed on the fan housing and it had no impact on the sound. The sound sounds a bit like a styrofoam ice chest vibrating in a moving car. I was thinking perhaps the fan is brushing up against something. Do you think it may be helpful to spray some WD-40 (or other lubricant) on that area?

Any thoughts as to what can be done to fix this?
Thanks.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.