Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
VinceB  
#1 Posted : Thursday, April 24, 2014 2:36:32 PM(UTC)
VinceB

Groups: Registered

I replaced the main control board and thermistor on my chest freezer only to be experiencing the same issue I had prior to trying to resolve my issue. The inside of the chest reads -5 on a thermometer, yet the display shows +16. The compressor never seems to stop running, but I dont know if this is normal for this freezer or not. What tells the control panel the temperature inside the unit? I was expecting the thermistor to resolve the issue, when that didnt do anything, i replaced the main control board. Since neither seem to be working I'm probably returning the parts but I don't know what to try next. Everything is rock hard in the freezer and lately i've been turning it off overnight so it is not running continuously.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

denman  
#2 Posted : Saturday, April 26, 2014 4:54:14 AM(UTC)
denman

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
I am a bit stumped by this as the parts you replaced should have fixed the unit.

[COLOR="Blue"]What tells the control panel the temperature inside the unit?[/COLOR]
The thermistor does this. It changes resistance with temperature and then that resistance is converted into a temperature.
from what i can see the thermistor should be 10,000 ohms at 77 degrees F and about 32,000 ohms at 32 degrees.

I cannot find a wiring diagram for this exact unit so do not know how the control panel is wired and if it would have an effect on the thermistor and control board or if it is just an input and output (display).

Frigidaire can be a bit of a pain sometimes to find info about a specific unit but perhaps the following manual will be of use to you.
I had to use a third party site as it is too large for this site. It may take quite a whole to down load as it is about 80 megabytes.
Un-click the use our download manager and then use the grey download button otherwise the site may put software onto your computer that you do not want.
What tells the control panel the temperature inside the unit?

Download Frigidaire Electronic Freezers.pdf
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply