Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Papote  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, April 23, 2014 5:24:57 AM(UTC)
Papote

Groups: Registered

I have a Kenmore side-by-side door refrigerator (Model: 253.55693402) and I was cleaning the freezer side, so I had turned off the freezer side knob. I was at it for only a few minutes when I hear the evaporator fan start to slow and then go off. It never fired back up, so I called a technician. He came and checked the fridge and at first said it was the evaporator fan motor that had fried, so he replaced it, but later said it was the Defrost Control Board that was damaged and it in turned damaged the fan motor.

I left it a whole day to test and the freezer side seems to be freezing, but not making any ice. I noticed that the temperature knobs don’t really respond, especially the refrigerator side. I set the freezer side to 1 but the fan doesn’t seem to turn off. In fact, the evaporator fan and compressor seem to be on almost all of the time. The freezer is pretty much empty. The refrigerator side is cold, but even at the coldest setting, it doesn’t really seem that cold and it is colder at the top.

So the refrigerator seems to be running nonstop. The refrigerator temperature knob doesn’t seem to be working and isn’t as cold as the coldest setting would suggest. Finally, the icemaker isn’t producing any ice.

I would appreciate any advice on what action to take, aside of getting a new fridge.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.