Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Taso  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, April 1, 2014 6:11:35 PM(UTC)
Taso

Groups: Registered

We noticed our side by side GE started to melt everything slightly during the defrost cycle, then finally a week or so later it defrosted and warmed to room temperature, running the entire time. I replaced the Defrost limiter thermostat
Part Number: WR50X10068 (exact match to the original part). Turned it on and thought we had it and a few days later it defrosted and slightly melted the ice in the icemaker and leaked on the floor as it had originally. Then a few days later it went back to room temperature. I finally unplugged it and left it several hours, plugged it back in and it's nice and cold. No doubt by tomorrow evening it will defrost and slightly melt, and in a cycle or two later it will stop again.

There was another "sensor" (tube shaped) on the coil near where I replaced the Defrost limiter thermostat. Haven't seen what that is in the diagrams.

Any ideas would be appreciated. It's the strange cycles that I can't figure out. You get soft ice cream two cycles or so and then it just goes down. Then works again after you unplug it and let it sit a while.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.