Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jkbrennan  
#1 Posted : Friday, March 21, 2014 3:29:20 PM(UTC)
jkbrennan

Groups: Registered

Greetings,

A friend gave me this spendy fridge rather than try to repair it himself; he thought it would need a new control panel to keep the alarm from continually going off.

When I got it home and plugged it in, the alarm is not continually going off; here's whats going on:

It constantly begins to power up (for about 3/4 seconds) and then shuts off for about a second, very cyclical (3 seconds on, 1 second off). I can hear the compressor and fan kicking on and off during this time, and the lights go from off to bright relative to the time the power is on/off. The only other erratic thing- the first time I plugged it in it behaved as described above for about 30 seconds, then stayed on but was not getting cold and I did not hear the compressor or fan.

Before I start throwing $ at parts, does this sound like something particular that might not be the panel, but possibly a different part or poor connection somewhere?

I'm pretty savvy with electrical stuff and have repaired all of my own musical equipment, so I'm not afraid to repair the panel board if anyone has any tips on testing continuity and/or what to look for in the panel. Reaching out on a forum might be a long-shot, thought I'd give it a try....

Thanks!

JB
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

richappy  
#2 Posted : Saturday, March 22, 2014 5:18:40 AM(UTC)
richappy

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Seems like a compressor start device on the side of the compressor part #241707701
dhia21@yahoo.ca  
#3 Posted : Saturday, February 14, 2015 11:12:18 AM(UTC)
dhia21@yahoo.ca

Groups: Registered

Originally Posted by: jkbrennan Go to Quoted Post
Greetings,

A friend gave me this spendy fridge rather than try to repair it himself; he thought it would need a new control panel to keep the alarm from continually going off.

When I got it home and plugged it in, the alarm is not continually going off; here's whats going on:

It constantly begins to power up (for about 3/4 seconds) and then shuts off for about a second, very cyclical (3 seconds on, 1 second off). I can hear the compressor and fan kicking on and off during this time, and the lights go from off to bright relative to the time the power is on/off. The only other erratic thing- the first time I plugged it in it behaved as described above for about 30 seconds, then stayed on but was not getting cold and I did not hear the compressor or fan.

Before I start throwing $ at parts, does this sound like something particular that might not be the panel, but possibly a different part or poor connection somewhere?

I'm pretty savvy with electrical stuff and have repaired all of my own musical equipment, so I'm not afraid to repair the panel board if anyone has any tips on testing continuity and/or what to look for in the panel. Reaching out on a forum might be a long-shot, thought I'd give it a try....

Thanks!

JB

Make sure the water is connected. What you are hearing is the Ice maker noise trying to make ice but there is no water. You can try to switch off the ice maker and power up. I had this before

Thank you
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply