Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
dcdeav  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, March 12, 2014 6:59:10 PM(UTC)
dcdeav

Groups: Registered

Typical problem - freezer not defrosting and fridge gets warm. Took off back cover of freezer and solid ice. All fans and compressors running. How can I force the defrost cycle with electronic control board. I figure if I force defrost and it works, it must be the control board. If not I'll have to troubleshoot thermostat, heater, etc. I've searched all over and can't seem to find the procedure for my model. My wife is having a party this weekend and if I can't get it fixed pronto she is going appliance shopping - ouch!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

denman  
#2 Posted : Thursday, March 13, 2014 2:01:23 AM(UTC)
denman

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
I could not find a tech sheet for this unit, so I looked up the adaptive defrost board. Click on the picture and look in the Q&A section. I think the first answer is the correct method for your unit.

Part number: AP3853127
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
dcdeav  
#3 Posted : Friday, March 14, 2014 7:25:20 AM(UTC)
dcdeav

Groups: Registered

Thank you for your help denman. When the block of ice thawed the problem was apparent - the heating element was unplugged. How this happened when I have never had the back panel off is a mystery. I ran continuity checks on heater and thermostat (before it thawed) and it looked OK. I put some ice around the element, plugged it in and went to bed. Ice was melted in the morning so I think I'm good to go. I'm printing the force defrost instructions you referenced and taping them to the back for future reference.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply