Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
eltonbrooks  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, February 25, 2014 7:49:14 AM(UTC)
eltonbrooks

Groups: Registered

Recently noticed liquids in fridge were freezing, turned temp down, it appears ok now, staying about 35 deg. Freezer is only getting down to 20 deg. even at coldest setting. I do hear it running, no signs of ice build-up, not sure if any past posts relate to mine, since fridge is staying cold, but only the freezer isn't! any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Elton
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

denman  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, February 26, 2014 2:26:42 AM(UTC)
denman

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Here are your parts
Parts for Frigidaire GLRS264ZAB4 Refrigerator - AppliancePartsPros.com

Is the compressor cycling on/off or is it on all the time other than when the unit goes into a defrost cycle?

You can usually hear when the compressor is on but also should be able to feel it vibrating.

Is the evaporator/freezer fan running?

Is the condenser/compressor fan running?

Are the condenser coils clean?
Also the kick [late and rear cover vents?

You said there is no ice build up was this checked with the evaporator cover in the freezer off so that you inspected the evaporator coils?
If yes was there a nice even coating of frost on the coils?
If not what did they look like?
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
eltonbrooks  
#3 Posted : Thursday, February 27, 2014 12:26:27 PM(UTC)
eltonbrooks

I cleaned dust from the cond. coils and both fans are running! Not sure how long it takes to cycle of/on but haven't noticed it off yet. I removed the cover over evaporator coils and found it frozen, up at the top section (1/3) of it and the bottom (2/3) is clean. ...I forced into defrost with light switch, heater coil is on and melting the ice! It didn't melt all the ice, heater coil may not be heating at top section? its out of defrost mode, but sill with ice.. Elton
denman  
#4 Posted : Friday, February 28, 2014 12:44:08 AM(UTC)
denman

[COLOR="Blue"]It didn't melt all the ice, heater coil may not be heating at top section? its out of defrost mode, but sill with ice..[/COLOR]
This could be because you had thye cover off. The heat dissipated into the freezer compartment.

Sounds like you have a sealed system problem.

See the following link and take a look at the example pictures about half way down the page.
http://www.applianceaid.com/ref...ator-not-cold-enough.php
eltonbrooks  
#5 Posted : Friday, February 28, 2014 1:38:27 PM(UTC)
eltonbrooks

coils1.jpg this was Thursday afternoon when I first removed the cover, after defrost mode some ice was left (cover was off like you said) then, this afternoon I found it looking like this coils.jpg... so I put cover back on and ran through defrost and it melted 99% of the ice, used hair dryer for last little bit remaining, re installed cover and will check tomorrow morning! Elton
eltonbrooks attached the following image(s):
coils1.jpg
coils.jpg
denman  
#6 Posted : Saturday, March 1, 2014 3:00:55 AM(UTC)
denman

The frosted up coils look pretty good as far as having an even coating of frost.
They do look like they may have too much frost on them so I suspect you have a defrost problem.

Since you were able to force a defrost cycle odds are that the adaptive defrost board is not programming an automatic defrost cycle.
denman  
#7 Posted : Saturday, March 1, 2014 3:09:28 AM(UTC)
denman

The frosted up coils look pretty good as far as having an even coating of frost.
They do look like they may have too much frost on them so I suspect you have a defrost problem.

Since you were able to force a defrost cycle odds are that the adaptive defrost board is not programming an automatic defrost cycle.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply