Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
kentuckynet  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, February 12, 2014 3:58:27 PM(UTC)
kentuckynet

Groups: Registered

Frige is a little over a year old, has been worked on twice under warranty before warranty expired.
Within last month the lower ice maker quit! Arm is down no ice!
Within last week or so the top ice maker is making a mess inside. All the cubes are not falling and then when it begins to refill it runs into the ice bin and freezes the auger to the cubes.

I have the manual to run all the tests on it but was wondering if anyone had any good ideas first.

Cooling and freezing as it shoud be even though i always complained it was not nearly as cold as the digital door display by atleast 4-5 degress but its always had that issue.

Please help as im going to make the repairs myself.....im guessing the control board?

thanks
mack
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

kentuckynet  
#2 Posted : Thursday, February 13, 2014 3:47:57 PM(UTC)
kentuckynet

This would be an awesome forum if anyone monitored or read these posts!
kentuckynet  
#3 Posted : Friday, February 14, 2014 12:13:37 PM(UTC)
kentuckynet

here are pics, the lower ice maker or some unkown reason began working last night, see ice!
The only thing i did was enter the service test and ran some of the tests like 58c etc.
the upper ice maker still is making a huge mess see pics.
kentuckynet attached the following image(s):
upper ice maker.jpg
inside upper ice maker.jpg
what ice lookslike in upper.jpg
ice in upper.jpg
lower icemaker.jpg
djmigmix  
#4 Posted : Thursday, February 27, 2014 10:20:57 AM(UTC)
djmigmix

Hi there, did you have any luck with your FFIM? It looks like your icecubes are partially melting in the screw device. I ran into a problem with my FFIM not making ANY ice whatsoever! I ran the diagnostics and looks like the evap fan is not kicking in. I already checked to see if the fan is good and it DOES still work, but it looks like there is no signal being sent to the unit. I'm guessing it could be the control board on my unit, but I have no model number on this fridge so i'm stuck. Have you replaced the control board on yours? My Icemakers look EXACTLY like the pics that you posted.

As for your icemaker, Take a look at maybe a new seal set for the FFIM unit. It looks like the cold from the ice maker has a leak and is letting warmer "refridgerator" air into the ice maker section which will cause the ice to partially melt and freeze together. I hope that helps!
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply