Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
AprilSue  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, January 21, 2014 5:55:05 PM(UTC)
AprilSue

Groups: Registered

Woke up this morning to the light panel flashing as the "motor?" was trying repeatedly to start up but then shutting off every couple seconds. We kicked the breaker until we could check into it later in the evening. I flipped the breaker back on and it seemed to run. Fan was running in freezer compartment. Hubby had told me to only leave the breaker on for about 20 seconds so then I shut it off again. When I flipped it back on, it didn't run or even try to at all. There was never a clicking sound. Now the light on the front panel just flashes but doesn't try to start up. Called local parts place and they suggested the "relay." He checked my model to see that it had an invertor box instead and suggested due to the high price of the part that I just call a repairman. Too stubborn to pay the repairman and still not get it fixed. We removed the invertor box and the best we can tell it isn't sending any power back out. We've only been using this fridge for three years. We purchased it several years before we needed it for our new construction. I'm ordering the box to try it. Hope that works and it doesn't need something else.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.