Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Rebber4  
#1 Posted : Friday, January 17, 2014 7:35:30 AM(UTC)
Rebber4

Groups: Registered

I have a stand alone ice make model KUIA18NNJS4 that stopped making ice suddenly. It seems to be stuck in harvest mode. The cutter grid is always hot and no ice is produced. THe evaporator plate never gets cold and water runs over the plate constantly. I replaced the evap thermister because it seemed to be the one that told the controls to go into harvest. That didnt change anything. The compressor comes on and runs for 5 to 6 seconds then shuts off and repeats every minute or so. The condensor fan runs all the time but I don't feel any heat from it just cool air. The water pump will come on every 30 minutes or so and refills the already full water bin. When that happens water quits flowing over the plate until the pump stops filling the bin. I have run the clean mode several times with no warning lights occuring and have taken every part off except for sealed system components and cleaned the entire unit. Where should I go from here?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Rebber4  
#2 Posted : Saturday, January 18, 2014 5:31:30 AM(UTC)
Rebber4

Anyone have any suggestions?
ApplSpec  
#3 Posted : Friday, February 28, 2014 11:33:27 AM(UTC)
ApplSpec

If the compressor (large black round metal thing) is HOT and running - feel it - you have a sealed system problem and need licensed repairs. If it is NOT hot the most likely cause is an open oveload protector - "OLP" (mounted in the electrical connector box on the compressor)... the smaller of the two parts. If the compressor is HOT and not running then it may be the relay - larger of the two items (this will usually result in a HUMMM-Click every few minutes.

NOTE: some have the OLP and relay in one component. It is often good practice to replace both if in question.

HINT - IS IT RUNNING? ----> if you can't tell for certain - stall the fan motor with a soft cloth SLOWLY so it is not making a noise - then you can likely hear the compressor as running or silent - not running.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply