Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
saultydog  
#1 Posted : Friday, January 3, 2014 10:52:02 AM(UTC)
saultydog

Groups: Registered

Cannot get it to make crushed ice anymore. Had to replace plastic shroud around chipper blades ice must have frozen in blades and cracked it. Went to appliance store to view same model to make sure i reassembled correctly and i did. now when i push the crushed ice button only cubed ice comes out. looked on other forums and saw where people had problems with solinoid where arm goes into to activate door on housing to hold ice against chipper blades. took housing down in rear of freezer which holds dispenser motor and solinoid. all seems to be fine. plastic holder on solinoid moves freely,no ice or frost. should arm on ice tray be pressed down or pulled up to activate door for chipper. actually held door open while pressing light/door button in order to get ice dispenser to work with door open. with crushed ice button depressed on door and lit solinoid is not moving. did not have this problem befor replacing cracked shroud around blades. both cubed and crushed worked fine just found white plastic in drinks and new something was broke. please help greg
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.