Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ccotto  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, February 12, 2008 7:06:45 PM(UTC)
ccotto

Groups: Registered

Refrig (Freezer on top) has been dripping from the ceiling in the frig rom 2 vent-like areas. Could something be plugged? How do I unplug? Could a drain of sorts be frozen up? How do I fix that? Any suggestions? Dripping water is collecting in a pan on the top shelf of the refrigerator and then freezes. Some things freeze toward the way back of the frig but isn't that normal in most refrigerators? The freezer is set in the coldest position. Could that be the problem. It has been set this way for years. Thanks for your help. I need to get this cleared up soon.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

ccotto  
#2 Posted : Friday, February 15, 2008 12:54:32 PM(UTC)
ccotto

Originally Posted by: ccotto Go to Quoted Post
Refrig (Freezer on top) has been dripping from the ceiling in the frig rom 2 vent-like areas. Could something be plugged? How do I unplug? Could a drain of sorts be frozen up? How do I fix that? Any suggestions? Dripping water is collecting in a pan on the top shelf of the refrigerator and then freezes. Some things freeze toward the way back of the frig but isn't that normal in most refrigerators? The freezer is set in the coldest position. Could that be the problem. It has been set this way for years. Thanks for your help. I need to get this cleared up soon.

If I take everything out of the refrigerator and freezer, turn it off to thaw (so to speak) would this maybe fix the problem of the refrigerator dripping? Any ideas at all?
ccotto  
#3 Posted : Saturday, March 15, 2008 12:56:10 PM(UTC)
ccotto

We moved the refrigerator into the garage in preparation for a new one. It sat for a week before plugging it in. Now, it runs perfectly. However, a new Maytag is arriving soon.

By the way, stay away from compressors made in Brazil. Very loud ..as we found in the new Kenmore refrigerators.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply