Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Keegan  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, February 12, 2008 1:24:07 PM(UTC)
Keegan

Groups: Registered

I've just moved into this house a year ago, so I'm not sure exactly how old my fridge/freezer is or what maintenence the previous owners did. I've just replaced the water filter on Saturday and yesterday night (Monday) I realized that all that was coming out of my ice maker was crushed ice dust. I figured it was just being blocked by a large frozen chunk and pulled out the tray only to find that it was completely empty of ice. When I looked up at the fill tube, it had a good two or three inches of icicle off the fill tube. So I soaked a washcloth in boiling water and managed to get the icicle off the fill tube, but then I could feel more ice squishing back out of the flexible visible part of the tube.
My plan right now is to buy some ice trays to get me through to this weekend, when I plan to defrost it completely and hope the tube defrosts along with my freezer. Is this a good solution? Will it happen again?
I know absolutely nothing about freezers, so I'm worried about having to fix it myself or call a repairman (and I've heard horror stories about samsung repairs). Can anyone help me?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.