Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jwrobl  
#1 Posted : Thursday, October 31, 2013 1:29:49 PM(UTC)
jwrobl

Groups: Registered

I replaced the Control Board-HV part number W10310240 in a Whirlpool refrigerator. I tried programming the code on the refrigerator ID tag. The display is a constant PE0000. Pressing the Refrig + changes the display to PE H20 and pressing the - changes it to PE ICE. Following the Programming Instructions on the tech sheet does not alter the results. There is a physical difference between the board I removed and the one I received. There is a component missing on the replacement board at location M7. I believe it is a relay. The part number on the original board is W10213583 which is cross referenced by the W10310240 replacement board. Any recommendations?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

richappy  
#2 Posted : Friday, November 1, 2013 1:11:44 AM(UTC)
richappy

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
The last one I did only allowed programing when I pushed in the door light switches.
jwrobl  
#3 Posted : Friday, November 1, 2013 3:55:28 AM(UTC)
jwrobl

Originally Posted by: richappy Go to Quoted Post
The last one I did only allowed programing when I pushed in the door light switches.

Thanks for the quick reply but I am a little confused. Do you mean the Auto Light On Keypad below the Door Alarm Keypad on the front panel? If not, what door light switches.

The programming instructions I am following start with depressing and holding Door Alarm followed by the Freezer Temp Down (-) within 3 seconds. The Refrigerator Up and Down are to be used to change the code and the Freezer Temp Up to select the digit. Does that sound correct?
richappy  
#4 Posted : Friday, November 1, 2013 5:01:39 AM(UTC)
richappy

Yes that is correct. Sometimes you have to close the door switch or switches to program the unit, these are the switches that turn off the light bulb.
Also, if you have a bottom drawer, sometimes you have to open it to enable programming!
jwrobl  
#5 Posted : Friday, November 1, 2013 5:12:12 AM(UTC)
jwrobl

Yes that is correct. Sometimes you have to close the door switch or switches to program the unit, these are the switches that turn off the light bulb.
Also, if you have a bottom drawer, sometimes you have to open it to enable programming!

Okay, thanks again. I'll try opening the bottom drawer. The refrig doors are closed so the light switches are closed.
richappy  
#6 Posted : Friday, November 1, 2013 7:20:25 AM(UTC)
richappy

Some have struggled for hours on this problem, try taping the door switches closed and try programing.
jwrobl  
#7 Posted : Friday, November 1, 2013 8:08:19 AM(UTC)
jwrobl

Some have struggled for hours on this problem, try taping the door switches closed and try programing.

Thanks, I'll give it another try.
jwrobl  
#8 Posted : Sunday, November 3, 2013 3:05:35 AM(UTC)
jwrobl

Originally Posted by: jwrobl Go to Quoted Post
Thanks, I'll give it another try.

richappy,

I tried all combinations suggested without success. I gave up and called a repair service. He spend five minutes trying to program the module and declared it DOA and offered to sell me another one but would take five days to get it. I declined and got a replacement which I installed myself and have the results. There is a constant PE0000 in the display. The up and down Refrigerator buttons change the dispenser state between Water and Ice. Any further ideas? Can you recommend a reliable repair service in Maryland?

Thanks.
crosspatch  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, October 19, 2016 2:11:48 PM(UTC)
crosspatch

Push door alarm button, while button is pushed press freezer temp. down button hold for 3 sec. while that is still pushed release door alarm .you should see PE ,push freezer temp. Down on e time you'll see a "." added push freezer up button then use fresh food temp. control buttons to change numbers and freezer up button to change increments when code is complete hold freezer down button until it blinks you are done
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply