Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
fridged  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, October 30, 2013 1:10:50 PM(UTC)
fridged

Groups: Registered

The original problem, Frigidaire model FRS26HF6BW4 Side by side. the freezer was cold but the refrigerator was 59F on the top shelf. the damper would stay open about 2 minutes or less and closed before the refrigerator was cool. Jamming a knife in the damper caused it to hold about 33F. Chatted on here and was recommended to order a damper. Ordered and replaced the damper. Then the refrigerator holds between 41 and 42 F after installing the new damper. Chated on here and was told to check the coils and fan in the freezer . did that and they were fine. After I did that noticed the fridge was freezing and the new damper is staying open all the time. and air is coming into the fridge side all the time. I no longer hear the damper operating.:confused: :confused: I dont know if the damper is bad or maybe the whole control unit needs replacing?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.