Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Frdgebroke  
#1 Posted : Sunday, October 27, 2013 4:10:31 AM(UTC)
Frdgebroke

Groups: Registered

So I have a mitsubishi refrigerator and the start relay went out. I took it off and shook the little black box and it had a sound like metal bouncing around inside.

Pulled the start relay and overload off with wires and made sure to keep the blue and black wires on their original position so that I wouldn't mix them up when rewiring it. Brought it to the parts supply shop and the salesman took them off and now I am not sure if he put the right wires back on.

Brought the klixon and start relay home, Installed them and the light in the refrigerator came on but the compressor didn't kick on. I smelled something burn within a few seconds so I unplugged it. Sniffed out the smell and it was the klixon. The klixon when I shake, it makes a sound like metal moving around inside.

So did I fry the windings?

I read how to use and ohm meter to determing which posts are the start and run. But how do I determine if the blue wire or the black wire connects to the start or klixon?

I don't have a multimeter but can buy one if it would help.

Pics posted. Thanks!

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.