Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
burritoss  
#1 Posted : Friday, October 11, 2013 5:34:55 PM(UTC)
burritoss

Groups: Registered

I noticed my icemaker was no longer making ice when no ice was dispensed after pressing the ice button for many seconds. I decided to check out the icemaker but was unable to pull out the ice tray due to it being frozen in place. After somewhat forcefully pulling out the ice bin (which resulted in a broken bottom cover underneath the ice tray, ie. part 4), I noticed it was also just one big block ice frozen all over the metal coil. After thawing out and reinserting the bin and resetting the icemaker (which did a 160 degree turn clockwise), I waited for the icemaker to make ice. After coming back 8 hours later, I came back to the same situation with the whole ice bin frozen again. So right now, I've disconnected the water supply and can't figure out what's wrong with the machine. I'm guessing that the icemaker doesn't know when to turn over anymore at the right time while the water keeps refilling the unemptied tray causing the water to leak to the bin and freezing there. Any help appreciated!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.