Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
chasr212r  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, October 9, 2013 10:17:46 AM(UTC)
chasr212r

Groups: Registered

Within the past 6mo we have had our milk go bad a week before its exp. date as well as drinks that don't feel as cold as before. During a recent service call the technician put his hand in front of the air vent in the fridge and said it was fine. We had both temp settings at #7 which is the coldest setting. The tech said the damper would not operate properly this way and moved them to #4 for the freezer and #5 for the fridge. The technician was at our home for about 10 minutes and nothing else was done.

With a digital thermometer the fridge is now 40-41* and the freezer is 14* after sitting overnight. (It this the wrong way to check the temps?). Each night I have moved the fridge setting one number colder and now at the coldest setting the fridge is 39-40*, I'm expecting to be colder. The freezer is now at #5 of 7 and the temp is 14*. Does this sound like a normal operation or should I be getting it checked out again? The bottom of the unit is clean and the temp in the house is normally 62* at night and around 70* during the day. Any help would be appreciated.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.